PRP treatments use a healing serum extracted from the patient’s blood to treat acne scars and marks by utilizing the body’s blood platelets for growth factors, regenerative tissue capability, and ability to create new blood vessels in the body. These qualities of the serum can help patients achieve smooth and young-looking skin with a non-invasive procedure.
The serum helps the body to stimulate wound healing and growth of new skin by:
- Generating more collagen
- Increasing production of elastin
- Stimulating keratinocytes and fibroblasts
PRP treatments have almost no side effects and have a very low chance of being rejected by the body because they don’t use any foreign substances. Because the procedure is non-invasive, it is short and painless, and does not require a hospital environment or anesthesia.
Depending on the severity of the scars, some patients might require several procedures, but most people see results within 1-2 weeks.
Although there is no virtually no downtime after the PRP Procedure, patients should avoid exposing their treated skin to elements that can increase sensitivity. This includes avoiding:
- direct sunlight for about two to three days after the procedure
- the use of saunas, swimming pools, and hot tubs
- extremely hot or cold temperatures for two to three days after the procedure
- Strenuous activity for a day after the procedure
- Laser treatments and other facial procedures for up to two weeks after the treatment
Improve your confidence and the appearance of your acne scars with PRP Treatment at Millennium!